Volunteers are the lifeblood of sport and physical activity, we can never have too many.
- Can you spare some time to help out at your local sports club or organisation?
- Are you a club which needs more volunteers and support for existing volunteers?
The following organisations support volunteering in sport and physical activity:
- Cumbria CVS: Volunteer Centres are local organisations that provide support and expertise within the local community to potential volunteers, existing volunteers and organisations that use volunteers. Cumbria CVS acts as our local volunteer centre.
- vInspired: Half of 16-24 year olds would prefer to volunteer in something sports based. This is a huge group of potential volunteers. vInspired works to link organisations with youth volunteers.
- Volunteering Outdoors - theres plenty of opportunities to get active outdoors through volunteering too. How about the Countryside Volunteers with Cumberland Council, Hadrian's Wall Trail or with North Pennine AONB. There's also the Friends of the Lakes, the National Trust, the Lake District National Park and Cumbria Wildlife Trust.
Helping your volunteers to develop can keep them motivated and committed. It will also give the people running your club the skills they need to do it effectively. Find out more from Club Matters and Sport England