Be Healthy, Be Active
Find out about the Chief Medical Officers recommendations for physical activity, guidance from the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and more on this page.
Find your sport or activity on our Activity Finder. With over 600 clubs across Cumbria from over 40 sports, theres a wide range of activities to get involved in.
- This Girl Can: is a national campaign funded by The National Lottery, celebrating all the amazing ways women fit exercise into their life.
- We Are Undefeatable: is a movement supporting people with a range of long term health conditions, developed by 15 leading health and social care charities
- Active 10: is a free and easy to use walking app that tracks your walking and shows you how you can increase your intensity to benefit your health.
Active for Life
- Active Start for Early Years - We believe that active children are healthy, happy, school ready and sleep better. That's why we work with nursery settings and parents to help them embrace physical activity.
- Active Kids - We provide a range of programmes for children and young people of school age and work with both primary and secondary schools across the County to support them with PE and School Sport.
- Active Youth - This page brings together a range of opportunities for young people, including activities and sports, volunteering opportunities and Satellite Clubs.
- Active Workplace - an increasing number of employers are seeing the benefits of a physically active workforce. We would encourage any businesses to become an Active Workplace - to get employees in Cumbria active - before, during or after work.
- Forever Active - There are plenty of opportunities for older people to get / keep fit and healthy, on this page we offer a few ideas.
We hold Cumbria School Games & Cumbria Sports awards on an annual basis and hold a variety of smaller events during the year. This is where you'll find information on any events we hold.
We believe that Sport & Physical Activity is for everyone and our aim is to make sure that equality, diversity and inclusion run through everything we do.