Be Healthy, Be Active
At every life stage it is important that we build physical activity into our daily routines - the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) makes a number of recommendations for:
- Early years (birth to 5)
- Children and young people
- Disabled children and disabled young people
- Adults and older adults
- Disabled Adults
Use the links above to view the CMO Infographics.
Active Cumbria have a number of programmes to support your physical activity and health:
- Active Start for Early Years - We believe that active children are healthy, happy, school ready and sleep better. That's why we work with nursery settings and parents to help them embrace physical activity.
- Active Travel to School - encouraging everyone to travel actively on the school run.
- Active Workplace - an increasing number of employers are seeing the benefits of a physically active workforce. We would encourage any businesses to become an Active Workplace - to get employees in Cumbria active - before, during or after work.
- Activity Finder - Find your sport or activity on our Activity Finder. With over hundreds of clubs across Cumbria from over 40 sports, theres a wide range of activities to get involved in.
- Live Longer Better in Cumbria - a programme which complements our goal to support older adults, particularly those with or at risk of long-term health conditions to be more active.
- Ramblers Wellbeing Walks - find a walk near you. Walk leaders ensure that all walks are short, over easy terrain and allow you to walk at your own pace.
- Support for Schools - We provide a range of programmes for children and young people of school age and work with both primary and secondary schools across the County to support them with PE and School Sport.
- Travel Actively - everyday active journeys.
We believe that Sport & Physical Activity is for everyone and our aim is to make sure that equality, diversity and inclusion run through everything we do.