Safeguarding Adults in Sport Week
November 12, 2020
National Safeguarding Adults Week 2020 will take place from 16- 22 November.
In Safeguarding Adults Week, the Ann Craft Trust (ACT) aim to create a time where we can all focus on safeguarding adults. Each day will be focused on a different safeguarding adults at risk issue. Saturday will be the day that they focus on Sport & Physical Activity. Safeguarding adults is everybody’s responsibility - if you deliver physical activity and sport to adults watch this short video from ACT and ClubMatters to learn more about safeguarding adults in sport.
ACT have a range of resources to support you in Safeguarding Adults:
- Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity Resources Pack. Download here.
- Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity fact sheet. Download here.
- What is my role in safeguarding? Video. Watch here.
- Learn more about your role in safeguarding. Read more.
- Why does your organisation need a safeguarding policy? Learn more.
- Safeguarding, young people and virtual delivery: Creating safer online spaces. Read more.
- Your sporting organisation might have safeguarding policies and procedures, but does anyone else know about them? Read more
- The Essential Guide to Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity. Download here.
- The Safeguarding Adults in Sport Framework. Learn more.
- They answer your common questions about safeguarding adults in sport. Read more.
- Download the safeguarding adults policy and procedures template for your sports club or organisation.
- Take a look at the toolkit for supporting adults with mental health challenges in sport and activity from Mind and ACT.
- Why are elite athletes considered a group who are at increased risk of harm and abuse? Learn more.
- Listen to the Safeguarding in Sports Manager Kimberly Walsh discuss the importance of safeguarding adults in elite sport.
Finally, we would like you all to get the ACT Safeguarding Adults in Sport and Activity monthly update. Sign up here.