FA Fives for Euro 2020
November 14, 2019
The FA FIVES invite participants to be part of the nation's biggest and most inclusive small-sided football festival in 2020. The FA have created this national programme to engage the nation in UEFA EURO 2020, through an inclusive and accessible football participation programme next summer.
The FA Fives will be:
- Free to enter and will be played in a five-a-side format over three rounds on grass or 3G/artificial pitches.
- Will involve up to 5,000 teams and over 35,000 participants across 15 catergories, encompassing: male; female; adult; veterans; youth; walking; and disability football.
- Is aligned to UEFA EURO 2020 tournament milestones and branding.
- Will be promoted nationally by the FA in partnership with BBC Sport
- Has a strong festival narrative and an 'all roads lead to Wembley' storyline.
- Encourages wider entertainment-led elements to broaden the appeal for spectators and wider audiences
- Offers organisations the opportunity to apply for up to £10,000 of additonal Sport England Small Grants Funding to deliver associated legacy projects in areas of high deprivation that create opportunities for people in lower socio-economic groups (LSEG).
Further information including key dates can be found here.
If you have any questions about The FA FIVES, please do not hesitate to contact Cumberland FA, Westmorland FA, or Lancashire FA, The FA FIVES Support team, or get in touch via the Football Team at Sport England.