Contact someone for help

Cumbria Police 

If you are at immediate risk of harm, or a crime or incident has taken place, contact the Police on 999

If a non-emergency phone 101

Active Cumbria 

Our safeguarding lead is Cameron Wilson, if you have a concern, or require support and guidance please do not hesitate to contact 

tel: 07423 797081.

Ann Craft Trust

A Leading UK Authority on Safeguarding Disabled Children and Adults at Risk

Telephone: 0115 951 5400 Email:

Cumbria Safeguarding Hub

If you are worried that a child is at risk of harm please contact the relevant Safeguarding Hub based on locality:

Cumberland Safeguarding Hub

Westmorland and Furness Safeguarding Hub

See further information on how to refer a child on the Cumbria Safeguarding Childrens Partnership website here.

Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) 

The CPSU is a service from the NSPCC, with a specific remit for sport and physical activity see or email


Childline is for children and young people. You can contact Childline about anything, they are here to support you and help you find ways to cope.

Go to or contact 0800 1111 

Cumbria Safeguarding Adults Board

The Board leads adult safeguarding across Cumbria and works with organisations to ensure that they have effective safeguarding policies and procedures in place. It is important to work together in the best way possible to protect adults with care and support needs.


If you're worried about a child, or you work with children and need advice or information, call the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 

Your Club Welfare Officer

All sports organisations should have a designated safeguarding or welfare officer, and they are the first point of contact if you have any concerns.