First and foremost Howard is Cumbria, born and bred so he knows this patch very well. He is passionate about education and in particular Physical education in Cumbria
- Howard has worked in Cumbrian schools as a teacher for 9 years (both in Secondary and Primary schools)
- He was a Deputy Headteacher for 4 years and a Headteacher for 19 years all based in Cumbrian schools.
- He was Cumbria’s Adviser for PE and Primary Schools and PE specialism for 7 years
- For 8 years Howard worked as an Ofsted Associate Inspector for PE
- He has also worked as an external consultant for the Youth Sport Trust and Association for Physical Education in advisory and inspection roles completing national survey work on their behalf
- Finally, Howard worked over a 3 year period for the DfE on the programme designating and re-designating Specialist Sports Colleges.
Howard was a ‘Games maker’ for the London 2012 Olympics And later this summer he is going to be a ‘Clyde-Sider’ for forthcoming Commonwealth Games Education representative on Board of England Gymnastics Head of Delegation to World School Games for Gymnastics on 5 occasions
Rugby & Gymnastics (Ex-Wigton RUFC player)- but all sport Walking Reading Travel