We support the 251 Primary Schools, 21 Junior Schools and 37 Secondary Schools in Cumbria with their PE & School Sport helping to tackle the rising levels of obesity in Cumbria through whole school approaches.
We are committed to providing opportunities for young people to get involved in sport and physical activity, not only as participants but also as coaches, leaders and volunteers.
Active Cumbria believes that sport and physical activity can have a huge positive impact on the lives of Children & Young People.
How we can support
- Through the PE Networks we keep PE Subject Leads up to date with the latest Community and NGB Offers, government policy, support for website report writing and contimuous professional development opportunities.
- Active Cumbria is funded to support schools with the PE and School Sport Premium based on the needs individual schools have, as well as advocating with schools leadership in the County.
- The 100 Mile Challenge provided by Active Cumbria is part of New Balance's Global Spark Start initiative, it aims toget as many school children as possible to record 100 miles of physical activity during a school year.
- Active Cumbria works on behalf of Sport England, the Department of Culture Media and Sport, The Department for Education and The Department for Health to recruit randomly selected schools in the county to complete the Active Lives Children and Young People Survey - the biggest of it's kind in Europe.
- To keep up to date with the latest information, sign up for our dedicated PE and School Sport Newsletter.
Sign up to our FREE monthly newsletter:
PE Network meetings take place once each term and are held in each of the six districts.