The Walking Wonder Drug - The impact of walking on our health and wellbeing
August 24, 2023
Active Cumbria Development Officer and Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Programme Lead Aileen Grant, joins other guest speakers at a special on-line event hosted by The Ramblers.
The Walking Wonder Drug - the impact of walking on our health & wellbeing takes place on Thursday 7th September from 6pm-7.30pm.
Guest speakers will dig deep into why walking is so good for our health and wellbeing. And there will be the opportunity to ask the panel your own questions. The line-up includes:
- Annabel Streets: Award winning author of ’52 Ways to Walk’ and co-founder of the ‘Age Well Project’.
- Aileen Grant: Locality Development Officer with Active Cumbria and Ramblers Wellbeing Walks coordinator and Walk leader.
- Andrew Higson: Director of ‘Blackdog Outdoors’, a platform for re-connecting people with the outdoors to improve mental health and wellbeing.
- Cathy Houghton: Speaker and Coach specialising in ‘Exercise and the menopause’.
- Dr Jo Maher: A practicing GP in North Sheffield who, for the past three years, has been the Move More GP working on the Sheffield city physical activity strategy.
The session is free and will be hosted by The Ramblers on Zoom.
For more information and to sign up click here
For more information about Ramblers Wellbeing Walks in Cumbria click here