Why should businesses sign up?
Why should businesses sign up to Active Workplace?
Active Workplace has been created to raise awareness to the health risks of a sedentary workforce and the benefits of an active one.
Did you know
- Each year 140 million working days are lost to sickness absence in the UK, costing UK businesses an estimated £29billion.
- Presenteeism’ – attending work while sick – is valued at an average cost to employers of £605 per employee per year, due to reduced productivity. (BHF).
- Much of our lives are spent in the workplace so it is the perfect place to encourage people to be healthier!
- Human beings were designed to be active,
- Physical Inactivity increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity whilst also having an impact upon our Mental Health.
- Unfortunately for many of us an average working day consists of sitting behind a desk.
- 87% of people feel they are more productive at work if they take time out to exercise and eat healthily (BHF 2013)
- a healthier workplace also directly benefits employers due to reduced sickness costs and increased productivity