In This Section +
June 26, 2014
It’s been three weeks since the end of National Go Canoeing Week, and in that time, lots of fantastic stories and feedback has been received from everyone that took part.
GO Canoing also received quite a few late entries from clubs wanting to register their efforts. So in the true good spirit of the sport, they decided to share their success and include this significant new mileage in the overall total.
They have been busy working away behind the scenes collating all the information and are very excited to announce that they have an astonishing new total mileage to announce!......
- 34,010 miles were paddled and registered on the website by 5,602 people
- 290 activities took place at 72 locations across England
- 456 individuals and 109 clubs/organisations registered miles
- 36% of the individual participants were female and 64% were male
- A huge range of boat types including sit on top kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and inflatables were used to take part
- Highest miles registered by a Club was 1,820 miles; and the top 9 clubs/organisations all paddled over 1,000 miles each
- 58 people took part in the ‘Battle of the Paddle’ challenge on the sports tracking app