In This Section +
December 18, 2015
Cumberland FA is moving into its third year of its Disability Football Development Programme which has so far engaged over 250 disabled people in football from around the County. This year we hope to work closer than ever before with our mainstream FA Charter Standard Clubs to see more people aged 8-80 with disabilities give football a go!
Giving exclusive disability football a home in mainstream football clubs is something that rarely occurs; we as a County FA understand the limitations, pressures and lack of resources clubs sometimes experience – therefore expansion is rarely something that’s top of every clubs agenda.
We are offering 2 Charter Standard Football Clubs (1 East and 1 West) the opportunity to take part in a Cerebral Palsy (CP) Cumbrian pilot in early 2016. The Pilot will work in partnership with CP Sport and CP Cumbria – Nationally recognised organisations supporting those with Cerebral Palsy.
CP Sport will work closely with the Charter Standard Club to deliver club based workshops, offer CPD to coaches, 1 to 1 support and expertise in delivering exclusive CP football in your club.
Jess Nelson, Football Development Officer said, ‘This is a fantastic offer for local clubs to get involved with the disability game. We hope a project like this in partnership with CP Sport can really enhance our disability football offer locally and get more disabled youngsters and adults accessing football regularly in local, ‘traditionally’ mainstream clubs.’
What does my club get out of it?
- Consider the enhancement to your FA Charter Standard Status – operating a fully inclusive football club.
- Bespoke CPD for your coaches – CP Football, Frame Football and CP Awareness and opportunities to attend FA Coaching Disabled Footballers Course.
- Resources available to develop knowledge of CP, CP Football and Frame Football.
- 1 to 1 support from Inclusion FDO, CP Cumbria and CP Sport development officers.
- Promotion of your Football Club through national media platforms and potential sponsor investment.
- Opportunities to increase club members and grow your current activity.
- Access to potential new volunteers/coaches.
- Club development support from CP Sport.
- Share research/insight (conducted by ourselves and partner organisations) around engaging more participants and how to support those involved in your sessions.
- We deliver a national football programme which raises awareness of all club opportunities, along with events for players/clubs to attend such as regional and national events.
Is it for us?
- An excellent opportunity for all charter standard football clubs to add another string to your bow, offering football for the disabled community.
- If your club knows someone with CP, please consider this as a great opportunity to develop a CP offer under your club banner.
- If your club has coaches with an interest in this area – yes, this programme is for you.
- If your club is ready to take its next step in community football – then yes, this programme is the ideal opportunity.
How do I express an interest?
- Simply click THIS LINK - It should only take 2/3 minutes to complete the questions, and submit.
Click HERE to download the information poster.
Clubs who have any questions or would like to discuss the above proposals further can contact Jess on 01900 872310 / 07807665543 or email Jessica.Nelson@CumberlandFA.com