Top Tips Before Applying
- Have a clear understanding of your project, particularly the aims and objectives and what you are trying to achieve and how this will improve or have an impact upon sport
- Have a good idea of the resources that you require to deliver the project, and how much funding support you are likely to need.
- When looking for funding ensure that the fund encompasses the amount that you require, i.e. the amount you would like falls within the bracket that the fund provides.
- Ensure that the selection criteria for the funding scheme fits into the aims and objectives of your project.
- Be aware of the deadlines for the fund and how regularly that applications are reviewed and verdicts are given.
- Do not start work on your project until funding has been granted. Most funding bodies do not cover retrospective funding.