- Activity must target 14 - 25 yr olds
- Target participants include those with a disability, both genders and those from BME groups
- Activity must run for a block of 6-8 weeks
- Sessions can take place at anytime during the day (excluding time for projects targeting participation in education)
- The timing of weekly sessions can vary from 45 min to 2 hrs
- Activity should meet, as well as generate demand
- Sessions must be qualified coach/instructor led
- Activity must have a sustainable exit route
- Activity must be a new initiative, or demonstrate additionally over current provision
- Activity must not target gifted and talented participants
- Robust safeguarding standards must be in place for children and vulnerable adults
- Delivery partners must apply Sportscoach UK Minimum Standards for deployment of Sports Coaches
- Delivery partners must offer high-quality and compelling activities
- Activity must be driven by local and strategic intelligence of participants aged 14-25 yr old.
- Please refer to the helpful advice and guidance in the 'Demonstrating the need' section.
- Subsidised coaching sessions with locally determined participant charges
- Activities must be delivered by community providers
- Emphasis on the raising of local partnership funding
A Service Level Agreement (SLA) between Active Cumbria and each provider will be established to confirm all arrangements for delivery, funding and collection and submission of participation data.
Be aware that this programme requires providers to regularly update the online Sportivate Portal prior to, during and after delivery. This controls the data management of activities.
Prior to the activity commencing - Confirmed venue(s), dates and times must be entered onto the Sportivate Portal.
During the activity delivery - It is compulsory for all delivery partners to collect and submit participant data for all activities using the Sportivate Portal on a continuous basis. It is therefore essential that a suitable Participant Registration Form is used by every participant to capture the appropriate data.
Post activity delivery - Once the block of sessions has been completed and the Sportivate Portal has been updated delivery providers are required to formerly sign off and feedback to Active Cumbria.